PLEASE NOTE: THIS EVENT HAS NOW FINISHED. TO FIND OUT ABOUT UPCOMING EVENTS, PLEASE VISIT OUR WHAT'S ON PAGE.
30 September - 1 October 2017
12pm - 3pm
Free entry to the Brunel Institute
Celebrate Bristol's Maritime past with fun-filled events for all the family at Brunel's SS Great Britain, Underfall Yard and M Shed. Travel in style between the harbourside locations by jumping aboard a Bristol Ferry or vintage bus.
Events at Brunel's SS Great Britain
- Visit the Brunel Institute 12pm - 3pm. Touch fragments of the ships hull and meet museum curators to hear how the ship is now conserved in the original Dry Dock.
Events at Underfall Yard
- Meet Bristol Maritime Academy
- Watch the pumps that powered a port running throughout the weekend
- Try your hand at nautical knots and rope work
- See demonstrations of traditional skills
- Go behind the scenes in the magnificent Victorian Workshops
- Get creative with mini-build activities for all ages
- See Pyronaut, Bristol former fire boat, out on the Patent Slip
Events at M Shed
- Print your very own map of Bristol docks
- See cargo handling demonstrations
- Visit the Fairbairn steam crane
- Visit an electric crane (charges apply)
- Take a trip on the tug John King (charges apply)
- Go back in time and watch historic films about the port
More information can be found here.