- Brunel Rubber Duck This quirky reproduction of the famous engineer will appeal to all ages! Duck Brunel is unique to us and comes complete with cigar, stovepipe hat and his own copy of the ship plans for the SS Great Britain. Perfect as a Christmas gift or collector’s item for Brunel fans.
- Celestial 2022 Planner This beautiful planner lends a touch of luxury, with a soft vegan leather cover and gold embossing. Keep your schedule and goals in one place with 12 monthly and weekly page spreads, four-year calendars and a handy storage pocket. Including a celestial map, moon phases and gold foil stickers, this journal will help keep you in tune with the universe.
- Brunel’s Top Trumps Designed with the Brunel Institute for the opening of the Being Brunel Museum, this exclusive Top Trumps set highlights Brunel’s greatest achievements. As well as being a popular and fun card game, this makes an ideal Christmas gift for collectors of Brunel memorabilia.
- Laura Cramer Mug Bristol artist Laura Cramer is known for her bold cityscape paintings, and has worked on local projects like The Gromit Trail. This range of her giftware is only available in the SS Great Britain shop and features familiar landmarks of Bristol. The bone china mugs come in two striking designs.
- The Book of Sea Shanties Written by the Glaswegian postman who took the world by storm in 2020 with his TikTok version of The Wellerman, The Book of Sea Shanties charts the history of these maritime songs. With illustrations throughout, Nathan takes the reader on a voyage through the meaning behind his favourite shanties.
- The Shipping Forecast Tea Tray The Shipping Forecast was created in response to the disaster of The Royal Charter, the sister ship of the SS Great Britain, which went down in a storm off Anglesey. Inspired by this national institution, our range was developed with local design company Weekend 365 and features some lovely gifts, including this eye-catching tea tray.
- Emy Lou Holmes Print Emy Lou Holmes has become one of Bristol’s best loved local artists and runs her business from her hometown of Clevedon, ably assisted by her Mum! This stunning A3 print, designed exclusively for us, features the SS Great Britain and Clifton Suspension Bridge in Emy’s distinctively bold yet vintage style.
- Blackcurrant & Rum Liqueur
Created by Friary Liqueurs, a family company based in Frome, this delicious liqueur is perfect for the festive season. A traditional recipe, with naturally occurring Vitamin C, this tot of rum is rumoured to ward off the scourge of the sea! Available only in store. 200ml 18% vol.
- IKB Gromit Plush Toy Officially licensed by Aardman, our IKB Gromit toys combine the UK’s favourite engineer with one of our most beloved animated characters. With his own stovepipe hat, our plush Gromit is both cuddly and distinguished! The ideal gift for fans of both Brunel and Wallace and Gromit. Available in two sizes.
- Victorian Peepshow Hand painted by paper specialists from Spanish design company Papeti, our Peepshows are faithful reproductions of real Victorian souvenirs. Created for the opening of the Being Brunel Museum, where the originals can be seen on display, these beautiful Peepshows make a truly unique gift.
Author: Alice Harper