We are closed. In order to support efforts to contain the spread of Coronavirus, we have closed our dockyard gates for a little while (except to feed the ship’s cat).
During this challenging time, with families looking for ways to spend time together, we will bring our incredible stories and fun interactive resources into your homes through social media and our website. Find out more
Tickets to Brunel's SS Great Britain include free unlimited return visits for a year (excluding group tickets, schools, or venue hire guests).
- Children aged 13 and under must be accompanied by an adult
- Access to the Brunel Institute is free - see below for details
- Access to Being Brunel is included in the ticket price, a separate ticket is not required. A ticket to gain entry only to Being Brunel is not available, you will be able to visit Being Brunel as part of a visit to the whole site here at Brunel's SS Great Britain.
Brunel's SS Great Britain opening times
- Open every day, except 24 and 25 Dec and the second Monday in January (11 January 2021). Opening times include Being Brunel.
- Open: 10am to 4.30pm
- Last entry: 3.30pm (one hour before closing)
Brunel Institute opening times
- The Brunel Institute has separate opening times to Brunel's SS Great Britain.
- Please note, we are not currently running Archive in Five but are available for taster tours.
|Tuesdays||Open 10.30am to 4.30pm|
|Wednesdays||Open 10.30am to 4.30pm|
|Thursdays||Open 10.30am to 4.30pm|
|Fridays||Open 10.30am to 4.30pm|
|Saturdays||Open 10.30am to 4.30pm on the first two Saturdays of every month|
How to access the Brunel Institute
- Access to the Brunel Institute is free of charge and no ticket is required
- Please bring a form of identification with you which shows your current address (This could be a driving licence or utility bill which is less than three months old but mobile phone bills are not acceptable)
- If you are visiting in order to see a particular object or section of the collections, please inform the Curator in advance
Harbourside Kitchen opening times
- The Harbourside Kitchen is located alongside Brunel’s SS Great Britain
- Open every day of the year, except 24 and 25 Dec and the second Monday in January (11 January 2021)
Spring/Summer opening times
- Open: 9am to 6pm
Autumn/Winter opening times
- Open: 9am to 4.30pm
Go Aloft! opening times
- Go Aloft! is open every weekend from 12pm until 4pm (last climb 3:45pm).