Children and Families On Board
Children from Wansdyke Primary School interviewed Head of Interpretation, Dr Kate Rambridge, and found out what life was like on board the ss Great Britain for families and children.
- What games did they play? (0:29 – 1:06)
- Did families travel together? (1:06 – 1:40)
- Did any children go to school? (1:40 – 2:06)
- Did any children travel on their own? (2:06 – 2:22)
- Did anyone look after the children? (2:22 – 2:40)
Over three days in February and March 2016, this film was planned, filmed and edited by children from Wansdyke Primary School in Bristol with guidance from staff from the ss Great Britain Trust and professional filmmakers from Chocolate Films.
During the project, pupils learnt the basics of film making and practised their team working, speaking and listening skills. The children worked in groups to come up with questions for ss Great Britain Trust staff and volunteers and filmed their interviews on location at Brunel’s ss Great Britain.
You can see all six films on our YouTube channel. We hope you enjoy their films as much as we did!