We are delighted to let you know that we are now open as of Saturday 18 July, more information here.
The current crisis is having a huge impact on us as a charity. We continue to look after the SS Great Britain and collections on behalf of the nation despite losing most of our income. Please help support us. Thank you.
Tickets to Brunel's SS Great Britain include free unlimited return visits for a year (excluding group tickets, schools, or venue hire guests).
- Children aged 13 and under must be accompanied by an adult
- Access to the Brunel Institute is free - see below for details
- Access to Being Brunel is included in the ticket price, a separate ticket is not required. A ticket to gain entry only to Being Brunel is not available, you will be able to visit Being Brunel as part of a visit to the whole site here at Brunel's SS Great Britain.
- While the site is open to visitors, the majority of our office-based colleagues are still furloughed. Calls to our general enquiries phone line will be answered between 9am and 5pm Tuesday to Friday, and subject to staff availability over weekends. The office is closed on Mondays. Please do email with enquiries during these times and we will respond as soon as possible
Brunel's SS Great Britain opening times
- Our opening times are 10am – 6pm, from Tuesday to Sunday. Please note that the site will be closed on Mondays.
- Last entry arrival time: 3.30pm - 4pm
Brunel Institute opening times
- Please note - the Brunel Institute is currently closed.
- The Brunel Institute has separate opening times to Brunel's SS Great Britain.
|Tuesdays||Open 10.30am to 4.30pm|
|Wednesdays||Open 10.30am to 4.30pm|
|Thursdays||Open 10.30am to 4.30pm|
|Fridays||Open 10.30am to 4.30pm|
|Saturdays||Open 10.30am to 4.30pm on the first two Saturdays of every month|
How to access the Brunel Institute
- Access to the Brunel Institute is free of charge and no ticket is required
- Please bring a form of identification with you which shows your current address (This could be a driving licence or utility bill which is less than three months old but mobile phone bills are not acceptable)
- If you are visiting in order to see a particular object or section of the collections, please inform the Curator in advance
Harbourside Kitchen opening times
- The Harbourside Kitchen is located alongside Brunel’s SS Great Britain
- Open from 10am-6pm Tuesdays to Sundays, serving a selection of takeaway snacks and cakes and hot and cold drinks.
Go Aloft! opening times
- Go Aloft! is currently closed.