We look forward to welcoming visitors back to Brunel’s SS Great Britain once again. Visit timeslots for the period 17 May - 18 July are now available to book online.
Current Opening Hours:
Other Opening Dates
Monday 31 May
The current crisis is having a huge impact on us as a charity. We continue to look after the SS Great Britain and collections on behalf of the nation despite losing most of our income. Please help support us. Thank you.
Please do check that you are complying with government guidelines before visiting us.
Tickets to Brunel's SS Great Britain include free unlimited return visits for a year (excluding group tickets, schools, or venue hire guests).
- Children aged 13 and under must be accompanied by an adult
- Access to the Brunel Institute is free - see below for details
- Access to Being Brunel is included in the ticket price. A ticket to gain entry only to Being Brunel is not available, you will be able to visit Being Brunel as part of a visit to the whole site here at Brunel's SS Great Britain
Brunel's SS Great Britain opening times
- We have now reopened all indoor areas in addition to outdoor spaces. You can explore the Ship and Dockyard or buy a unique gift in our Shop, Tuesday - Sunday, 10am - 6pm
- We look forward to welcoming visitors back to Brunel’s SS Great Britain. You will need to book in advance and tickets can be purchased here. Please remember to book a timeslot for your visit so we can safely manage capacity
- The Harbourside Kitchen is also open Tuesday - Sunday, 10am - 6pm, with hot food served between 11am - 4pm
- All areas of the site will be open on 31 May for the Spring bank holiday
Brunel Institute opening times
Please note that the Brunel Institute is currently closed to the public.
- From Tuesday 15 June, we begin to accept pre-booked researchers
- Due to the ongoing Covid-19 situation, we will be limiting the number of visitors and staff allowed on site
- Limited timeslots will be available Tuesday - Friday and you must book in advance
- Please contact the Curator here to discuss your visit at least two weeks in advance
How to access the Brunel Institute
- Access to the Brunel Institute is free of charge and no ticket is required
- Please bring a form of identification with you which shows your current address (This could be a driving licence or utility bill which is less than three months old but mobile phone bills are not acceptable)
- If you are visiting in order to see a particular object or section of the collections, please inform the Curator in advance
Harbourside Kitchen opening times
- Our Harbourside Kitchen is now open Tuesday - Sunday, 10am - 6pm. Hot food is served between 11am - 4pm. There are plenty of outdoor tables, on a walk-up basis. Enjoy drinks, snacks, hot food and 'proper' freshly battered fish and chips with a harbour view
- The Harbourside Kitchen will also be open on Monday 31 May for the Spring bank holiday
Go Aloft! opening times
- Go Aloft! is currently closed