Brunel’s SS Great Britain is currently closed due to the UK national lockdown. We look forward to welcoming you back when we can reopen safely and are allowed to do so.
The current crisis is having a huge impact on us as a charity. We continue to look after the SS Great Britain and collections on behalf of the nation despite losing most of our income. Please help support us. Thank you.
Please do check that you are complying with government guidelines before visiting us.
Tickets to Brunel's SS Great Britain include free unlimited return visits for a year (excluding group tickets, schools, or venue hire guests).
- Children aged 13 and under must be accompanied by an adult
- Access to the Brunel Institute is free - see below for details
- Access to Being Brunel is included in the ticket price. A ticket to gain entry only to Being Brunel is not available, you will be able to visit Being Brunel as part of a visit to the whole site here at Brunel's SS Great Britain.
- While the site is open to visitors, the majority of our office-based colleagues are still furloughed. Calls to our general enquiries phone line will be answered between 9am and 5pm Tuesday to Friday, and subject to staff availability over weekends. The office is closed on Mondays. Please do email with enquiries during these times and we will respond as soon as possible
Brunel's SS Great Britain opening times
- Brunel’s SS Great Britain is currently closed due to the UK national lockdown. We look forward to welcoming you back when we can reopen safely and are allowed to do so.
- You will need to book in advance and tickets can be purchased here. Please remember to book a timeslot for your visit so we can safely manage capacity.
Brunel Institute opening times
- Please note - the Brunel Institute is currently closed to the public.
- Readers are asked to contact the Brunel Institute at least two weeks in advance before visiting, we are open to Readers on Thursdays and Fridays only. More information
- The Brunel Institute has separate opening times to Brunel's SS Great Britain.
|Thursdays||Book in advance reader slots|
|Fridays||Book in advance reader slots|
How to access the Brunel Institute
- Access to the Brunel Institute is free of charge and no ticket is required
- Please bring a form of identification with you which shows your current address (This could be a driving licence or utility bill which is less than three months old but mobile phone bills are not acceptable)
- If you are visiting in order to see a particular object or section of the collections, please inform the Curator in advance
Harbourside Kitchen opening times
- We look forward to welcoming visitors back soon, the Harbourside Kitchen is currenly closed.
- We hope to be open from 10am - 4pm Thursdays to Sundays soon, serving a selection of takeaway snacks and cakes and hot and cold drinks.
Go Aloft! opening times
- Go Aloft! is currently closed.