Creativity is everywhere at Brunel’s SS Great Britain! Visiting the SS Great Britain can help pupils work towards their Arts Awards, from Discovery right up to Gold, as well as supporting schools with Artsmark.
Visiting the SS Great Britain and taking part in school workshops, guided tours or using a self-guided resource can all contribute towards pupils’ Arts Award. Visit our school visits page for more information about what your school can do on site.
Explore Brunel’s SS Great Britain as a cultural organisation. To find out more about what happens here visit our Things To Do page. To find out more about the Brunel Institute, which houses and looks after the collection, click here.
Unable to visit? There are plenty of resources on the website, suitable for children, to help them understand and find out more about culture and the creative arts. Look at our Collection Stories to find out more about Brunel, as a creative person, through objects linked to his life and work.
Find out how Brunel’s SS Great Britain can help your pupils achieve their Arts Award:
Through our school workshops and show, guided tours, self-led visit activities and online learning resources the SS Great Britain can support schools with the following Artsmark Award criteria:
- Curriculum Design: show links between the arts and other subjects.
- Children and Young People Engagement: help children to engage with arts and culture in a fun and informative way.
- Range of Offer: a museum visit within your community and locality and with national significance.
- Partnership: Potential for consistent a long last relationship and free online learning resources.
- Values and Ethos: Inspire and encourage children, through learning outside of the classroom.
Find out more about the wide range of resources we offer click here.
To book a school visit click here.