Brunel's SS Great Britain
Family Takeover Days - Free to attend
Are you looking for something fun and different to do as a family? Would you like to go behind the scenes at the SS Great Britain and become part of the crew for a day? Then Brunel’s SS Great Britain needs your family to join our crew!
As a family you will become part of our crew for the day, working together to help us deliver a fantastic experience for other visitors. You might be encouraging other families to get dressed up in Victorian costumes, teaching visitors how to play a traditional game of quoits on the ship’s deck, demonstrating how to work our lifting frame or even running a coal-shovelling activity in the Dockyard. You will volunteer with your family as a team, taking breaks when you need them and there will be a celebration at the end to reward you for all your hard work. Of course, you would be more than welcome to stay on and enjoy the site as a visitor after that.
Our family volunteers make a real difference to the experience we can offer visitors and most importantly have fun while they are doing it!
- Tuesday 13 August: 11am - 2.30pm
- Thursday 22 August: 11am - 2.30pm
- Friday 30 August: 11am - 2.30pm
- Sunday 22 September: 11am - 2.30pm
- Saturday 12 October: 11am - 2.30pm
- Wednesday 30 October: 11am - 2.30pm
- Friday 1 November: 11am - 2.30pm
- Sunday 10 November: 11am - 2.30pm
- Sunday 24 November: 11am - 2.30pm