Visit Brunel's SS Great Britain
Brunel's SS Great Britain is currently closed in line with Bristol's Tier 3 restrictions until at least Wednesday 16 December.
However, for a small suggested donation of £3 per household group, the Great Western Dockyard will be open from Thursday 3 December (Thursdays to Sundays 10am - 4pm) for you to stroll and take in the spectacle of Brunel's Iron Ship from the outside. Our Harbourside Kiosk will serve takeaway hot and cold snacks during these times and our shop will be open, which is full of unique gift ideas. You might even spot Mr. Brunel! You can also visit our online shop.
We hope we may be able to open daily during the Christmas school holidays (26 December - 3 January) however this will be subject to government restrictions changing.
We are looking forward to seeing you and have put in place thorough measures to open safely, and ensure that everyone has a fantastic experience.
To visit you will need to buy tickets online in advance. Tickets to Brunel's SS Great Britain include free unlimited return visits for one year.
If you already have a valid admission ticket, gift ticket or membership, you must pre-book a timeslot for every visit you want to make (one for every person who is visiting).
Gift tickets are available here.
If you have recently purchased a ticket, please visit our ticket enquiries page for extension information.
Our staff will:
- Look after you on your visit and ensure that physical distancing and visitor flow is managed carefully.
- Ensure toilet facilities are safely accessed and regularly and thoroughly cleaned.
- Sanitise the site regularly, paying special attention to high contact areas.
We kindly ask all visitors to:
- Buy tickets online in advance. If you already have a valid admission ticket, gift ticket or membership, you must pre-book a date/time for every visit you want to make (one for every person who is visiting). You can arrive at any point within your 30 minute slot.
- Sanitise your hands on arrival.
- Maintain a safe distance between your bubble and others, and please supervise children. Be patient if there is some additional queuing.
- Wear a face covering while inside the site’s indoor spaces including our two museums, the ship, the dry dock and our shop.
- Please follow all signage, and any directions given to you by our staff and volunteers, and treat them with respect.
- Pay by card rather than cash.
- Have a great day out!
Remember, for the safety of everyone, please do not visit if you’re feeling unwell. You can always rebook for another time to enjoy a visit.
Further information is provided in our FAQ section, about what to expect on your visit.
Thank you for your patience and support over the last few months. We have missed you!
You will need to purchase your ticket online in advance if you don’t already have a valid ticket or membership.Find out more
If you are a member or have a valid ticket, you will need to pre-book a slot for every visit you want to make.Find out more
If you’re unable to come along at the time you’ve booked, please let us know the details of the booking so we can reallocate the space to someone else.Find out more