Visitor Experience Assistant
15 July 2021
15 July 2021
Ensuring that all visitors are welcomed warmly and have a safe and enjoyable visit to the site.
JOB TITLE: Visitor Experience Assistant
JOB TYPE: Temporary until 31st October
SALARY: £9 in probation, £9.50 after completion of successful probation period
HOURS: Variable hours, to include at least two weekends a month
REPORTING TO: Visitor Experience Manager
Ensuring, through providing exceptional standards of visitor experience, that all visitors are welcomed warmly, encouraged to learn about and engage with the stories of Isambard Kingdom Brunel and the SS Great Britain, and have a safe and enjoyable visit to the site. Visitor Services assistants offer a variety of products, services and information to enhance the visit.
- Provide a first-class welcome to all visitors on arrival
- Ensure all visitors enquiries are dealt with swiftly and efficiently
- Provide details of, and sell admissions tickets, promote Gift Aid and upsell guidebooks
- Actively promote all onsite activities including talks, tours, and special events
- Host and help brief school parties and other groups and help manage visitor flow, especially when large groups are visiting
- Promote and distribute multimedia companions where appropriate
- Provide a first-class departure, seeking feedback and collecting data
- Proactively sell merchandise and recommend products
- Assist with stock-flow from goods-in to shopfloor
- Assist with commercial retail routines and Visual Merchandising
- Assist with telephone, mail order and online enquiries and orders
- Cash handling
- Comply with all internal policies (eg. Health & Safety, missing children) set out to ensure the safety and welfare of visitors, staff and volunteers
- Attend occasional communication and training sessions outside core working hours
- Any other reasonable duties which may be directed by line management
- Be a point of contact and provide exemplary customer service across the site and at key locations
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an understanding of different visitors’ needs
- Enjoy and have experience of working confidently with the general public, children and young people
- Excellent customer care skills
- Ability to use initiative and work effectively under pressure
- Ability to acquire excellent knowledge of our products, services, museum content, procedures, departmental structure and key contacts
HOW TO APPLY:
Please download and complete a job application form and send to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: No set closing date, advert will be closed as soon as we have enough suitable candidates.
Interviews date: Week commencing 19 July via Zoom.