01 February 2023
01 February 2023
The Sous Chef will be responsible for working alongside and in the absence of the Head Chef. Providing day to day culinary expertise, innovative menu ideas and quality service.
JOB TITLE: Sous Chef
JOB TYPE: Full time
RESPONSIBLE TO: Head Chef
HOURS: Shift pattern of 5 over 7 days, 40hrs per week
In the role you must be able to demonstrate…
A passion for service:
- warm, friendly and genuine with excellent all-round communication skills. Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and customers and maintains a professional image at all times. Able to advise others in a specialist area of expertise.
A performance driven approach:
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
Taking the initiative:
- confident and able to motivate, influence and persuade others.
- Adaptable, whilst able to confirm strictly to Elior UK procedures. Methodical, thorough with persistence to see a job through to conclusion.
- The Sous Chef will be responsible for working alongside and in the absence of the Head Chef. Providing day to day culinary expertise, innovative menu ideas and quality service in line with business objectives and Elior UK standards to achieve and maximise set targets. Establish and maintain a committed and engaged team.
KEY ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To participate fully in the business and play a positive, proactive part in contributing to the overall success of Elior and to ensure that every possible effort is made to achieve unit turnover and profit targets.
- Proactive management and leadership of the junior kitchen team. Responsible for supporting, training and people development to deliver an efficient, high quality service to Elior UK, the customer and client.
- Accountable for ensuring ongoing team communications, including building internal and external relationships.
- Accountable for maintaining, ordering and controlling food stocks within budget using the correct order, receipting, estimating and invoicing process.
- Responsible for creating a platform for financial growth through cost control and culinary excellence and by creating a culture of innovation, adaptability and challenging the norm.
- Accountable for COSHH, Food Safety, H&S, legal regulations, environment policies and duty of care to customers and colleagues.
- To assist with menu planning, StarChef costings to agreed specifications and to ensure that all items are presented to the highest standard in terms of colour, content, balance, freshness, flavour, detail and consistency.
- To ensure the efficient production of all food, meeting service times and replenishing as necessary ensuring high standard of food presentation and portion/quality control.
- To continually strive to offer new food trends and ideas to the Head Chef with the overall purpose of helping to develop exciting, modern menus, promotions and concepts and ensuring that all service areas continually offer new products.
- To ensure that the legal and Company requirements are adhered to in respect of Hygiene, Health and Safety and Food Safety Law for all staff, visitors and customers in all areas.
- To ensure that all paperwork related to Company and statutory regulations pertaining to Food Hygiene and Health and Safety is completed accurately, on time and are filed as per company standards.
- To attend, when required, food tastings and demonstrate a clear knowledge and understanding of dishes, take photos and keep notes as necessary.
- To be responsible for the delivery of all goods, ensuring they are of an acceptable standard, are distributed to the correct storage area, maintaining good stock rotation, ensuring that the relevant paperwork is completed accurately and that the security of stores and other areas to eliminate potential loss.
- To carry out occasional special projects and progress new initiatives
- To attend, as required, off site meetings, conferences, training and unit visits as organised by the company and where appropriate notice is given in company provided accommodation for overnight events.
- Ensure the service team has thorough and up to date product and service knowledge in order to provide relevant information to customers and clients including provenance, allergens and recommendations.
- Ensure that all complaint handling is dealt with professionally and in line with procedures.
- Manage the compliance of COSHH, Health & Safety, Hygiene and Food Safety regulations throughout the team and to report any incidents in line with procedures.
- Ensure that expected the level of cleanliness is maintained in all areas.
- To assist the wider management team with any other duties to meet the needs of the business.
- Keep open lines of communication with the Head Chef by effective, regular and detailed communication.
- Operational Excellence: committed to achieving results through demonstrating a “can-do” attitude.
- Responsibility: takes personal responsibility to ensure all Elior ways of working are adhered to.
To apply: please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com,