12 September 2022
12 September 2022
We are looking for someone to assist the Senior Projects Manager deliver all aspects of the Albion Dockyard and Brunel Country project and other assigned special projects of the Trust with particular reference to project finances, documentation, dissemination of information, administration, compliance and good practice.
Job title: Project Assistant
Reporting to: Senior Project Manager
Department: Executive Office Team
Hours: 29 hours per week (4 days)
Job type: Fixed Terms for 18 months with possibility of extension
Salary: Circa £35,000 – £40,000 pro rata
Aims: To assist the Senior Projects Manager deliver all aspects of the Albion Dockyard and Brunel Country project and other assigned special projects of the Trust with particular reference to project finances, documentation, dissemination of information, administration, compliance and good practice.
To contribute to research, planning, appraisal, and delivery of the projects as required.
- Working with the Senior Project Manager to provide project management administration and support for the Albion Dockyard and Brunel Country project as well as other assigned projects.
- Provide Project Financial assistance-placing orders, processing, checking and recording invoices and ensuring all project financial monitoring spreadsheets and cash flows are kept up to date, working closely with the Trust’s Finance team.
- To put together claims for the draw-down of finance from the HLF and other key funders.
- To keep up to date key project files (electronic and hard copy) including the risk register, project programmes, drawings and technical information and provide information as required to other teams.
- To service and set up internal and external project meetings and to take notes and produce a timely and accurate record of proceedings.
- To collate and chase project information, track actions and key milestones, remind team members of key deadlines and assist with ensuring the project is delivered on time.
- To undertake research on products and services relating to individual projects and produce reports of findings with clear recommendations on how best to proceed.
- To manage and deliver discrete tasks necessary to deliver a project working with other teams as necessary.
- To assist with the management of external Project consultants and contractors including terms of appointment, contracts, attending meetings and representing the Trust at events where required.
- To provide a central point of contact for communication of the progress of individual projects and to provide key data and information to other teams and for the Trustee Committees.
- To provide information to external consultants and contractors and assist with co-ordinating the Trust’s responses to design proposals.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Educated to at least first degree level or suitable equivalent qualification or experience.
- Strong Administration skills
- Attention to detail, with the ability to see and understand the ‘bigger picture’
- An analytical yet can-do and pro-active approach to project work
- Strong writing skills and the ability to take notes of meetings.
- Excellent IT skills (particularly excel, working with budget spreadsheets and cashflows)
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to influence others
- Project Management skills with some experience of project planning, cost control and managing consultants
- Ability to work on different tasks at the same time and juggling priorities.
- Ability to understand the needs and requirements of funders.
- Ability to read plans and understand basic technical documentation
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills for fostering good relations with staff, supporters, funders and trustees.
- Good diplomacy
- Experience and knowledge of museums, heritage sector and visitor attractions
- Practical with some knowledge of the construction industry
- Prince2 or APM Qualification
How to Apply
Please download and complete the SS Great Britain Trust’s job application form. Once completed, please email your application to email@example.com
Closing date: 9am on 3 October 2022
Interview dates: 11 October via Zoom
Second interview date: TBC
SS Great Britain is committed to diversifying our audiences and workforce. We actively encourage applications from candidates from groups under-represented in our organisation including; Black, Asian and minority ethnic, Disabled people.