12 February 2024
12 February 2024
Join the SS Great Britain Trust as a Marketing Assistant. 12-month fixed term contract with possibility of extension.
Job title: Marketing Assistant
Hours: 36.25 hours per work
Job type: 12-month fixed term contract with possibility of extension
Reporting to: Marketing Manager
Purpose of the job: Support the Marketing Manager in delivering the Trust’s exciting and wide-ranging sales and marketing activity. The role will have a strong digital focus, working across website, social media, email marketing and digital campaigns.
- Provide general marketing support, handling enquiries and monitoring social media, online engagement, reviews and media coverage.
- Take on the role of website editor, ensuring content is always up to date and enticing. Create campaign landing pages, new product and experience pages and broader content that continually engages and delights both new and existing audiences.
- Assist the Marketing Manager in developing digital customer journeys on the new e-newsletter platform and website, crafting strategies for increasing sales, converting abandoned carts, encouraging revisits and prompting annual ticket renewals and upsell to membership.
- Segment consumer databases to enable targeted content in e-newsletters for different audiences and interests. Analyse email marketing data to enhance performance, refine targeting and improve conversion rates.
- Help to coordinate media preview events, press and influencer visits, and media enquiries to support the Trust’s PR work. Work with the PR agency and wider marketing team to share our news and events with local media, what’s on listings, influencers and partners.
- Collaborate with the Digital Marketing Coordinator in creating video content for the Trust’s social media channels including TikTok and Instagram.
- Use Canva to complete simple design tasks for digital and printed materials such as posters and social media cover photos.
- Undertake other duties as could be reasonably required to assist in the smooth and efficient running of the department, including some evening and weekend work.
- A good understanding of marketing channels including consumer websites, email marketing and social media, preferably with some experience of working within a marketing team or on freelance projects.
- Self-starter with initiative, enthusiasm and a flexible positive ‘can-do’ approach with a keenness to learn new systems and platforms.
- Excellent project and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks and manage own workload.
- Excellent copywriting and proofreading skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- IT proficient, with good knowledge of Microsoft packages; particularly Word, Excel and email.
- Understanding and enthusiasm for the SS Great Britain Trust’s work and product.
- Experience of content management systems such as WordPress.
- Experience using email marketing platforms.
- Experience creating video for social media channels.
- Experience or knowledge of Canva or other design software.
How to Apply
Completed application forms to be sent to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 5pm on 6th March 2024
Interview date: Week commencing 18th March 2024
SS Great Britain is committed to diversifying our audiences and workforce. We actively encourage applications from candidates from groups under-represented in our organisation including Black, Asian and minority ethnic, Disabled people.
All full-time posts can be considered for job share.