18 August 2022
18 August 2022
The Head Chef will be responsible for providing day to day culinary expertise, innovative menus and quality service in line with business objectives and Elior UK standards to achieve and maximise set targets.
JOB TITLE: Head Chef
RESPONSIBLE TO: General Manager
JOB TYPE: Permanent
CONTRACT: Full time
WORKING HOURS: 5 over 7, weekends and evenings included
In the role you must be able to demonstrate…
A passion for service: warm, friendly and genuine with excellent all round communication skills. Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and customers and maintains a professional image at all times. Able to advise others in a specialist area of expertise.
A performance driven approach: Ability to work in a high pressure environment.
Taking the initiative: confident and able to motivate, influence and persuade others.
Respecting commitments: Adaptable, whilst able to confirm strictly to Elior UK procedures. Methodical, thorough with persistence to see a job through to conclusion.
The Head Chef will be responsible for providing day to day culinary expertise, innovative menus and quality service in line with business objectives and Elior UK standards to achieve and maximise set targets. Establish and maintain a committed and engaged team.
KEY ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- To participate fully in the business and play a positive, proactive part in contributing to the overall success of Elior and to ensure that every possible effort is made to achieve unit turnover and profit targets.
- Proactive management and leadership of kitchen team. Responsible for recruiting, supporting, training and people development to deliver an efficient, high quality service to Elior UK, the customer and client.
- Accountable for ensuring ongoing team communications, including building internal and external relationships, management reporting and client liaison to enable operational excellence.
- Accountable for maintaining, ordering and controlling food stocks within budget using the correct order, receipting, estimating and invoicing process.
- Responsible for creating a platform for financial growth through cost control and culinary excellence and by creating a culture of innovation, adaptability and challenging the norm.
- Accountable for COSHH, Food Safety, H&S, legal regulations, environment policies and duty of care to customers and colleagues.
- To ensure that all purchases are for fresh ingredients (where possible) and using the company’s Nominated Suppliers.
- To be responsible for menu planning, with full StarChef costings to agreed specifications and to ensure that all items are presented to the highest standard in terms of colour, content, balance, freshness, flavour, detail and consistency.
- To ensure the efficient production of all food, meeting service times and replenishing as necessary ensuring high standard of food presentation and portion/quality control.
- To continually strive to offer new food trends and ideas to the General Manager with the overall purpose of developing exciting, modern menus, promotions and concepts and ensuring that all service areas (Harbourside Café, Dockyard Café and events) continually offer new products.
- To ensure that the legal and Company requirements are adhered to in respect of Hygiene, Health and Safety and Food Safety Law for all staff, visitors and customers in all areas.
- To ensure that all paperwork related to Company and statutory regulations pertaining to Food Hygiene and Health and Safety is completed accurately, on time and are filed as per company standards.
- To ensure that all cleaning is undertaken in all areas to a high standard and that Cleaning Schedules are completed accurately and filed appropriately.
- To attend, when required, food tastings and demonstrate a clear knowledge and understanding of dishes, take photos and keep notes as necessary.
- To ensure that all kitchen staff receive the necessary induction, training, performance management, development and discipline. Full job performance must be achieved in accordance with Company and statutory employment and equal opportunities policies. To deal with any HR issues that may arise as per company procedure.
- To attend weekly operations, department and Health and Safety meetings with all relevant employees to ensure efficient communication.
- To minimise wastage of resource and labour.
- To be responsible for the delivery of all goods, ensuring they are of an acceptable standard, are distributed to the correct storage area, maintaining good stock rotation, ensuring that the relevant paperwork is completed accurately and that the security of stores and other areas to eliminate potential loss.
- To carry out occasional special projects and progress new initiatives.
- To help protect all company property in the unit and maintain all such property in a manner of good and safe repair.
- To attend, as required, off site meetings, conferences, training and unit visits as organised by the company and where appropriate notice is given in company provided accommodation for overnight events.
- To ensure that the team are adhering to: the terms of their contract; uniform standards; time keeping and attendance; breaks; online training targets.
- Ensure the service team has thorough and up to date product and service knowledge in order to provide relevant information to customers and clients including provenance, allergens and recommendations.
- Ensure that all complaint handling is dealt with professionally and in line with procedures.
- Manage the compliance of COSHH, Health & Safety, Hygiene and Food Safety regulations throughout the team and to report any incidents in line with procedures.
- To produce the weekly costed rota in line with company budget.
- Ensure that expected the level of cleanliness is maintained in all areas.
- To assist the wider management team with any other duties to meet the needs of the business.
- To prepare for and actively engage in weekly Operations Meetings.
- To support any of the local Elior UK team as and when required.
- Keep open lines of communication with the General Manager by effective, regular and detailed communication.
- Operational Excellence: committed to achieving results through demonstrating a “can-do” attitude.
- Responsibility: takes personal responsibility to ensure all Elior ways of working are adhered to.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com
Closing date: 9 September 2022