28 April 2022
28 April 2022
SS Great Britain’s finance team consists of a Finance Manager and two Finance Officers who work collaboratively with everyone across the organisation. The Team uses SAGE accounting system, word and excel to carry out their day to day tasks.
JOB TITLE: Finance Officer
JOB TYPE: Permanent
REPORTING TO: Finance Manager
SALARY: Financial package up to £25,000 including training support, depending on experience and pro rata for part time working.
HOURS: 36.25 hours but could consider part time hours up to 29 hours a week
- To maintain accurate cashbooks and enter data into computerised accounting System.
- Monthly reconciliation of the bank accounts and other control accounts.
- Responsibility for day to day use of the purchase order system.
- To maintain the purchase ledger and prepare the purchase invoice payment runs each month (including VAT coding).
- To maintain a filing system for invoices and paperwork associated with the accounts.
- To input monthly and weekly journals.
- Cash handling and cash management for retail and ticket outlets. This involves reconciling the daily takings and tills; making up floats and banking.
- To work with the relevant teams to ensure accurate reporting and provide financial reports and analyses as required.
- To generally assist the Finance Manager and Director of Finance & Resources with all aspects of day-to-day working.
- Ad hoc financial analyses as required
PERSON SPECIFICATION SKILLS
- Accurate numerical and good analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and manage own workload.
- Team player – flexible to the needs that arise within a small organisation.
- Ability to work to set deadlines.
The package will include:
- Financial package up to £25,000 including training support, depending on experience and pro rata for part time working.
- 23 days holiday plus Bank Holidays increasing to a maximum of 26 days a year on the anniversary of your start date
- Stakeholder Pension
- Health cash plan
- Sick pay
- Family friendly policies
- Death in Service up to 2 x annual salary
- Discount in our shop and café
- SSGB staff get free/discounted rates to local transport services
- Cycle and Tech Scheme available to all staff
HOW TO APPLY
Please download and complete a job application form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: 9am, Tuesday 17 May 2022
Interviews: Week commencing Monday 23 May 2022