Executive Assistant to Interim CEOs
13 February 2024
13 February 2024
A vital role within the trust to support the interim CEOs, enabling them to carry out their roles as efficient and effectively as possible.
Job Title: Executive Assistant to Interim CEOs
Contract: Fixed Term – 9 months – Full Time
Salary: Circa £30,000
1. Support and enable the CEO to carry out their role in as efficient and effective manner as possible.
2. Act as first point of contact and provide outstanding welcome and service for all CEO’s callers, contacts and visitors from museums, statutory bodies, dignitaries and individuals etc, meeting their needs and responding as appropriate. Liaise with staff in a polite and friendly manner when requiring time with the CEO.
3. Act as first point of contact and Clerk to the Board of Trustees, collating papers and agenda items for the quarterly Board meetings and distributing. Diary management regarding Trustee meetings. Organise new Trustee inductions and ensure all appropriate governance is up to date in relation to Trustees.
4. Provide administrative support and diary management for the Chairman as required.
5. Manage the efficient delivery of the administrative and secretarial support functions of the CEO, including diary management, filing and other systems, communications, and travel arrangements, ensuring they are well-prepared and briefed in advance for all meetings.
6. Manage and assume responsibility for individual projects as required, researching and preparing briefing papers, reports and presentations for the CEO.
7. Manage organisation of local, national and international meetings/conferences as required.
8. Manage confidential matters of all kinds, including support and staff contact for personnel issues as and when required.
9. Assist the CEO in co-ordinating cross-departmental activities for the Trust and Trading Co.
10. Co-ordinate administrative support staff communications throughout the Trust and Trading Co. and convene meetings when required.
11. Organise, take responsibility for and attend Formal Board Meetings and Annual General Meetings, and within agreed deadlines produce agenda, collate and circulate appropriate papers and take minutes. Take overall responsibility for the annual calendar of Board and committee meetings liaising with the Executive Assistant for the Director of Operations & Commercial and the Conservation and Education Administrator
12. Liaise closely with the Executive Management Team, and organise, co-ordinate, attend, contribute and take notes at meetings.
13. Work closely with the Executive Assistant to the Commercial Director and Conservation & Education Administrator, covering for each other when necessary.
14. Also work closely with the Director of Finance and Resources
15. Undertake other duties as can be reasonably required to assist in the smooth and efficient running of the Trust. Some weekend and out of hours working may be required.
1. Experience of supporting at Managing Director/CEO level.
2. Affable, good-humoured, and approachable, and able to build and sustain very good working relationships with colleagues, Trustees and external bodies.
3. Experienced in the Microsoft suite, including Microsoft Teams
4. Able to deal with sensitive and confidential issues diplomatically and discreetly.
5. Able to work on own initiative without supervision.
6. Excellent communication skills at all levels, using techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information.
7. Excellent organisational and time management skills, being able to multitask and adapt, sometimes at short notice
8. Excellent attention to the detail
9. Ability to anticipate the Directors needs in advance
1. Experience of working for a charity.
2. Experience of working in the heritage sector.
- Company pension scheme
- Company health insurance scheme
to which you may become eligible in due course.
How to Apply
Click here to download the application form.
Completed application forms to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 12 noon on 26th February 2024
Interview date: Tbc
SS Great Britain is committed to diversifying our audiences and workforce. We actively encourage applications from candidates from groups under-represented in our organisation including Black, Asian and minority ethnic, Disabled people.
All full-time posts can be considered for job share.