02 November 2021
02 November 2021
The Development Assistant will play a key role in supporting the Development Team to raise vital income from a variety of sources, in order to contribute to the success of the SS Great Britain Trust.
Please note this position is now closed.
JOB TITLE: Development Assistant
JOB TYPE: Permanent
HOURS: 36.25 hours per week, Monday – Friday
REPORTING TO: Head of Development
The Development Assistant will play a key role in supporting the Development Team to raise vital income from a variety of sources, in order to contribute to the success of the SS Great Britain Trust. A particular focus will be on administering the Trust’s membership schemes.
This role requires an individual who is keen to develop their fundraising skills in a small and ambitious team, which is focused on increasing income for an outstanding independent museum, charity, and leading visitor attraction in the centre of Bristol. The ideal candidate will be highly organised and able to demonstrate excellent attention to detail with enthusiasm, strong communication skills, and an ability to liaise and collaborate with teams across the organisation as well as members and supporters.
This is a fantastic opportunity to build your knowledge and experience of fundraising within a celebrated heritage organisation.
- Lead on administrative support for the Development Team, including preparing letters and communication materials and acting as the key point of contact for enquiries (phone, email, written correspondence), ensuring all queries are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Administering the Trust’s membership schemes, to include management of monthly and annual payment processes (Direct Debits, standing orders, cheques, credit card payments), renewal and member processes, including letter writing, issuing membership cards and thanking in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Co-ordinating regular supporter communications and contributing to creative initiatives to keep members informed and engaged, including the supporter magazine and annual appeal.
- Accurately record all activities, using the till and booking system (Galaxy) and CRM (Dynamics). Maximise the effectiveness of the CRM, through ongoing data cleansing, analysis and keeping records up to date.
- Other team administration as required, including processing income and expenditure for the team and maintaining accurate records for finance.
- Support the team with mailings, event organisation and follow up, and meetings.
- Support the team in researching potential new sources of income across all areas. Conducting preliminary research to support projects, creating briefing notes for prospects, events and meetings and other research as required, in line with GDPR and relevant charitable regulations.
- Undertake other duties as can be reasonably required to assist in the smooth and efficient running of the Trust. Some weekend and out of hours working may be required.
- High level of customer service, with a commitment to providing an excellent experience for the Trust’s members and supporters
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to adapt to different audiences
- Good numeracy skills
- Good research skills
- Ability to deal with deadlines and prioritise a varied workload
- IT proficient including experience using a CRM/database system
- Demonstrable experience of admin support
- Experience conducting preliminary research to support projects
DESIRABLE BUT NOT ESSENTIAL:
- Previous experience of fundraising
- Experience of administering a membership/supporter programme
- Experience working for a charity or non for profit
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete a job application form and send to email@example.com.
Closing date: 9am, Monday 15 November 2021
Interviews: Week commencing 22 November 2021
The SS Great Britain encourages applications from people of all backgrounds but particularly welcomes applications from candidates from BAME backgrounds as they are under-represented within our organisation.