19 April 2022
19 April 2022
We are looking for a Café Manager, who is responsible for the day to day running of our on-site cafes and kiosks including providing support for event catering at internal meetings, conferences and other hospitality bookings. We are looking for someone who can provide a 5 star experience for our visitors to the SS Great Britain while at the same time being an effective manager who can lead and organise the café team, maximise sales and maintain systems and processes including food hygiene and health and safety.
JOB TITLE: Café Manager
JOB TYPE: Permanent
RESPONSIBLE TO: General Manager
HOURS: 40 hours per week (working 5 days out of 7)
In the role you must be able to demonstrate…
A passion for service: warm, friendly and genuine with excellent all round communication skills. Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and customers and maintains a professional image at all times. Able to advise others in a specialist area of expertise.
A performance driven approach: Ability to work in a high pressure environment.
Taking the initiative: confident and able to motivate, influence and persuade others.
Respecting commitments: Adaptable, whilst able to confirm strictly to Elior UK procedures. Methodical, thorough with persistence to see a job through to conclusion.
Responsible for motivating all staff to achieve Elior UK objectives. Also, for ensuring maximised efficiency of all resources available to ensure excellent service delivery in line with clients and Elior UK requirements within your area of responsibility: coffee shop; restaurant; internal meetings and events. This role is full time, working 5 days out of 7 and will include weekends and evenings.
KEY ROLE RESPONSIBILITES
- Ensure all operating standards are met with 100% compliance to Elior policies on COSHH, Food Safety, Allergens, H&S, legal regulations, environmental policies, and duty of care to customers and colleagues.
- To ensure that the team are adhering to uniform standards, good timekeeping, attendance and are taking breaks in line with the staff handbook
- Ensure the service team has thorough and up to date product and service knowledge to provide relevant information to customers and clients including provenance, allergens, kcals, and recommendations.
- Ensure that all feedback is monitored and dealt with professionally and in line with agreed procedures.
- Ensure a consistent supply of products to customers throughout the day and ensure all areas are topped up at the end of the day.
- Ensure that all resources are efficiently used, including labour.
- Liaise with duty Chef to actively upsell and made recommendations to customers throughout service.
- Provide ongoing support, training and coaching to service staff to ensure all are operating to site standards and company procedures.
- Ensure all operational SOPs are adhered to.
- Recognise and value the contribution of others whilst ensuring any performance management or HR issues are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Carry out end of service cash up, insight and all financial/sales records are completed.
- Ensure that expected the level of cleanliness is maintained in all areas.
- To ensure that keys are kept secure at all times and are handled in accordance to site policy – ensure that the opening and close down procedure is followed in accordance with training received.
- Promote excellent levels of customer service via Elior eXperience and lead by example.
- To assist the wider management team with any other duties to meet the needs of the business.
- To effectively communicate with all parties to ensure the efficient planning and smooth running of all retail catering.
- Manage all authorised recruitment by using correct Elior process, provide ongoing support, training, and development for the team.
- Develop the café supervisor to ensure compliance to all Elior UK processes and procedures.
- Ensure the team has thorough and up to date product and service knowledge to provide relevant information to customers and clients.
- Ensure that all feedback is dealt with professionally and in line with procedures.
- Maintain, order and control stocks within budget.
- In conjunction with the Head Chef, write the cafe food strategy, undertake innovative menu planning, design and costings to ensure competitiveness within the market; budgeted GP is achieved; labour costs are controlled in line with budget; operating expenses are controlled and in line with budget.
- Produce costed rotas and process payroll within budget.
- To prepare for and actively engage in weekly Operations Meetings.
- To support any of the local Elior UK team as and when required.
- Keep open lines of communication with the General Manager by effective, regular, and detailed communication.
- To actively identify all sales opportunities to maximise revenue and profitability
- Ensure active marketing campaign with social media presence, contribution to client and Elior UK social media, Operations Director group chat
- Accountable for creating a platform for financial growth through cost control and culinary excellence.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send covering letter and cv to Amy Pitman at Elior – email@example.com