02 January 2023
02 January 2023
If you are experienced in the hospitality sector, have excellent communication skills and are a strong team leader this is the role for you. Join a vibrant crew working alongside one of Bristol's top attractions.
Job Title: Café Manager
Responsible to: General Manger
Salary: £26,000 per annum
Hours: 40 hours per week (working 5 days out of 7)
- In the role you must be able to demonstrate…
- Ensure all operating standards are met with 100% compliance to Elior policies on COSHH, Food Safety, Allergens, H&S, legal regulations, environmental policies, and duty of care to customers and colleagues.
- To ensure that the team are adhering to uniform standards, good timekeeping, attendance and are taking breaks in line with the staff handbook
- Ensure the service team has thorough and up to date product and service knowledge to provide relevant information to customers and clients including provenance, allergens, kcals, and recommendations.
- Ensure that all feedback is monitored and dealt with professionally and in line with agreed procedures.
- Ensure a consistent supply of products to customers throughout the day and ensure all areas are topped up at the end of the day.
- Ensure that all resources are efficiently used, including labour.
- Liaise with duty Chef to actively upsell and made recommendations to customers throughout service.
- Provide ongoing support, training and coaching to service staff to ensure all are operating to site standards and company procedures.
- Ensure all operational SOPs are adhered to.
- Recognise and value the contribution of others whilst ensuring any performance management or HR issues are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Carry out end of service cash up, insight and all financial/sales records are completed.
- Ensure that the expected level of cleanliness is maintained in all areas.
- To ensure that keys are kept secure at all times and are handled in accordance with site policy – ensure that the opening and close down procedure is followed in accordance with training received.
- Promote excellent levels of customer service via Elior eXperience and lead by example.
- To assist the wider management team with any other duties to meet the needs of the business.
- To effectively communicate with all parties to ensure the efficient planning and smooth running of all retail catering.
- Manage all authorised recruitment by using correct Elior process, provide ongoing support, training, and development for the team.
- Develop the café supervisor to ensure compliance to all Elior UK processes and procedures.
- Ensure the team has thorough and up to date product and service knowledge to provide relevant information to customers and clients.
- Ensure that all feedback is dealt with professionally and in line with procedures.
- Maintain, order and control stocks within budget.
- In conjunction with the Head Chef, write the cafe food strategy, undertake innovative menu planning, design and costings to ensure competitiveness within the market; budgeted GP is achieved; labour costs are controlled in line with budget; operating expenses are controlled and in line with budget.
- Produce costed rotas and process payroll within budget.
- To prepare for and actively engage in weekly Operations Meetings.
- To support any of the local Elior UK team as and when required.
- Keep open lines of communication with the General Manager by effective, regular, and detailed communication.
- To actively identify all sales opportunities to maximise revenue and profitability.
- Ensure active marketing campaign with social media presence, contribution to client and Elior UK social media, Operations Director group chat.
- Accountable for creating a platform for financial growth through cost control and culinary excellence.
- A passion for service: Warm, friendly and genuine with excellent all-round communication skills. Able to establish strong relationships with colleagues and customers and always maintains a professional image. Able to advise others in a specialist area of expertise.
- A performance driven approach: Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
- Taking the initiative: Confident and able to motivate, influence and persuade others.
- Respecting commitments: Adaptable, whilst able to confirm strictly to Elior UK procedures. Methodical, thorough with persistence to see a job through to conclusion.
- Responsible for motivating all staff to achieve Elior UK objectives. Also, for ensuring maximised efficiency of all resources available to ensure excellent service delivery in line with clients and Elior UK requirements within your area of responsibility: coffee shop; restaurant; internal meetings and events. This role is full time, working 5 days out of 7 and will include weekends and evenings.
Key Role Responsibilities
How to apply
Please send covering letter and cv to Chris Fry, General Manager at Elior – firstname.lastname@example.org