Hours: Variable hours, to include at least two weekends a month
Reporting to: Head of Retail and Visitor Experience
Responsible for: To ensure, through providing exceptional standards of visitor experience, that all visitors are welcomed warmly, encouraged to learn about and engage with the stories of Brunel’s SS Great Britain, and have a safe and enjoyable visit to the site. Visitor Services assistants offer a variety of products, services and information to enhance the visit.
Department: Retail and Visitor Experience
- Provide a first-class welcome to all visitors on arrival
- Ensure all visitors enquiries are dealt with swiftly and efficiently
- Provide details of, and sell admissions tickets, promote Gift Aid and upsell guidebooks
- Actively promote all onsite activities including talks, tours, and special events
- Host and help brief school parties and other groups and help manage visitor flow, especially when large groups are visiting
- Promote and distribute multimedia companions where appropriate
- Provide a first-class departure, seeking feedback and collecting data
- Proactively sell merchandise and recommend products
- Assist with stock-flow from goods-in to shopfloor
- Assist with commercial retail routines and Visual Merchandising
- Assist with telephone, mail order and online enquiries and orders
- Cash handling
- Comply with all internal policies (eg. Health & Safety, missing children) set out to ensure the safety and welfare of visitors, staff and volunteers
- Attend occasional communication and training sessions outside core working hours
- Any other reasonable duties which may be directed by line management
- Be a point of contact and provide exemplary customer service across the site and at key locations
Skills and Experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an understanding of different visitors’ needs
- Enjoy and have experience of working confidently with the general public, children and young people
- Excellent customer care skills
- Ability to use initiative and work effectively under pressure
- Ability to acquire excellent knowledge of our products, services, museum content, procedures, departmental structure and key contacts
How to apply
Please apply with a CV and covering letter outlining how your skills and experience are relevant to the role to email@example.com.
Closing date: 5pm Sunday 17 February 2019.
Interviews: Monday 25 February 2019.