The closing date for this role has now passed.
Job title: Social and Digital Marketing Officer
Hours: 36.25 hours per week
Reporting to: Commercial Director
Salary: Up to £24k depending on experience
Purpose of job: Work collaboratively as part of the wider SSGB team, delivering campaigns and high-quality digital content, manage the Trust's digital advertising strategy and drive engagement, identify and respond to trends. Raise the profile of Brunel, the SS Great Britain and Brunel Institute, attract new and repeat visitors to Brunel’s SS Great Britain as a visitor attraction.
1. Provide day to day supervision for the Marketing Assistant role, agreeing weekly work plans and priorities to achieve the Trust’s marketing goals.
2. Manage the Trust’s social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TripAdvisor, YouTube and other relevant platforms. Manage social media communications and drive the Trust’s content and social media engagement forward.
3. Create eye-catching written and visual content that is appropriate for our audiences. Edit content for a variety of platforms including web pages, blog posts, social media posts, museum interpretation and third party content opportunities.
4. Manage and coordinate the Trust's monthly newsletter via Force 24.
5. Create photo and video content primarily for social media platforms using intermediate techniques for filming (Premiere Pro) and editing (Photoshop).
6. Manage the Trust’s digital advertising strategy including Google PPC advertising with external agency and social media advertising.
7. Manage and update the Trust's website and work with the Trust's web developers to ensure the website runs smoothly and suggest improvements/bug fixes.
8. Manage and create social media and digital advertising campaigns, targeting relevant audiences.
9. Analyse and report on campaigns using Google Analytics and social media insights. Suggest ways to improve engagement and grow the Trust’s audiences.
10. Co-ordinate the team’s shared Marketing Content Planner; giving the Marketing team and other relevant teams an overview of the year’s content opportunities. Work collaboratively with other teams to create online content.
11. Be the Trust’s champion for social media and content, suggesting new ways of engaging with audiences as part of a creative marketing team. Observe examples of best practice among museums and attractions internationally and stay ahead of new and emerging trends across digital marketing.
12. Champion the Trust's brand guidelines, ensuring all digital communications are in- keeping with this.
13. Undertake other duties as could be reasonably required to assist in the smooth and efficient running of the department, including some evening and weekend work.
14. Work closely with the Communications team, capture content for online press stories, website updates and assist with press visits and filming as required.
15. Work with Influencers and Bloggers on online content, to raise the profile of the attraction and network with online community groups, including co-ordinating group events and complimentary visits.
16. Help other teams in the organisation with non-marketing photography and video projects as required.
17. Work with the Digital Systems team on customer and digital journey projects.
18. Work with wider Marketing team on campaigns to drive visitation, ensuring digital advertising and social media links in with overall campaign strategy.
Education and qualifications
- Ideally educated to degree level in a relevant subject or equivalent experience
- Further training or study in social media marketing desirable.
- Essential: passion for social media and an ability to think strategically about how social media can be used and developed.
- Essential: excellent writing skills with an ability to proofread and edit content accurately.
- Essential: interest in photo and video content and a passion to develop new online opportunities.
- Essential: ability to work well within a team.
- Essential: ability to think creatively and to come up with new ideas.
- Desirable: experience of producing and editing videos.
- Desirable: an understanding of PPC, social media and digital advertising.
- 2 years’ experience of working in a marketing department, ideally with responsibility for social media and digital marketing.
- Essential: knowledge and understanding of the full range of social media platforms and how they can be used to meet objectives.
- Essential: IT proficient, with good knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- Essential: Experience of using a content management system for editing web pages.
- Desirable: Experience of using video and photo editing software e.g. Premiere Pro and Photoshop
- Essential: experience of using email marketing software.
- Desirable: Good knowledge and understanding of social media marketing trends and opportunities.
- Desirable: Experience working with online influencers and stakeholders
- Enthusiasm for the SS Great Britain Trust’s work and product.
- Desirable: An understanding for digital marketing including Google PPC
How to apply:
The closing date for this role has now passed.
SS Great Britain is committed to diversifying our audiences and workforce. We actively encourage applications from candidates from groups under-represented in our organisation including Black, Asian and minority ethnic, and Disabled people.
All full-time posts can be considered for job share