The closing date for this role has now passed
Hours: Full time - 36.25 per week (a flexitime system is in operation)
Responsible to: Director & Chief Executive
Department: Director’s Office
Salary: £30,000 per annum
- Support and enable the Director to carry out his role in as efficient and effective manner as possible.
- Act as first point of contact and provide outstanding welcome and service for all Director’s callers, contacts and visitors from museums, statutory bodies, dignitaries and individuals etc, meeting their needs and responding as appropriate.
- Act as first point of contact and Clerk to the Board of Trustees.
- Provide administrative support and diary management for the Chairman as required.
- Manage the efficient delivery of the administrative and secretarial support functions of the Director, including the Director’s diary, filing and other systems, communications, and travel arrangements, ensuring he is well-prepared and briefed in advance for all meetings.
- Manage and assume responsibility for individual projects as required, researching and preparing briefing papers, reports and presentations for the Director, and assist Director with delivering projects associated with the strategic plan.
- Manage organisation of local, national and international meetings/conferences as required.
- Manage confidential matters of all kinds, including support and staff contact for personnel issues as and when required.
- Assist the Director in co-ordinating cross-departmental activities for the Trust and Trading Co.
- Co-ordinate administrative support staff communications throughout the Trust and Trading Co. and convene meetings when required.
- Organise, take responsibility for and attend Formal Board Meetings and Annual General Meetings, and within agreed deadlines produce agenda, collate and circulate appropriate papers and take minutes.
- Organise, take responsibility for and attend Audit and Remuneration Sub-Committee Meetings and within agreed deadlines produce agenda, collate and circulate appropriate papers and take notes.
- Liaise closely with the Executive Management Team, and organise, co-ordinate, attend, contribute and take notes at fortnightly meetings.
- Work closely with the Personal Assistant to the Commercial Director and Creative Director, covering for each other when necessary.
- Undertake other duties as can be reasonably required to assist in the smooth and efficient running of the Trust. Some weekend and out of hours working may be required.
- Qualified to degree level or offer very good career experience.
- Experience of supporting at Director/CEO level.
- Affable, good-humoured, and approachable, and able to build and sustain very good working relationships with colleagues, Trustees and external bodies.
- Experienced in use of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel.
- Able to deal with sensitive and confidential issues diplomatically and discreetly.
- Able to work on own initiative without supervision.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, using techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Able to prioritise busy workload with conflicting deadlines.
- Experience of working for a charity.
- Experience of working in the heritage sector.
- Knowledge or experience working with board portals
Leave: 31 days p.a. including Bank Holidays.
There is also a company pension scheme and a company health insurance scheme to which you may become eligible in due course.