The closing date for this role has now passed
Reporting to: Head of Retail and Visitor Experience
Liaison with: Management team, Visitor Experience team, all visitors and guests
Purpose of job: To work with the Head of Retail and Visitor Experience, Visitor Experience Manager and team to ensure the delivery of a high-quality customer-focussed experience to all visitors, guests and users, from the moment of arrival on site until departure. To duty manage a growing site providing operational support for all relevant teams.
Hours: Full time 37.5 per week, to include most weekends
Salary: Circa £25,000 dependent on experience
- To be the principal duty manager on site, troubleshooting and responding effectively to any incident which arises, including complaints, accidents and emergencies.
- Oversee the duty manager programme including all aspects of rotaring, briefings and training.
- Help – along with the technical services team - maintain the cleanliness, tidiness and overall condition of the site and its facilities.
- Ensure strong communication across all relevant departments; deliver morning briefings to operations and visitor experience teams and lead weekly operations meetings.
- Work with supervisors on site to deploy staff resource effectively, depending on visitor need and impact.
- Liaise with external individuals and organisations whose activity may impact on the operational running of the site.
- Be fully informed about the SS Great Britain Trust, its products, services and activities in order to relay accurate information to visitors and enquirers. Have a detailed knowledge of daily on-site events, activities and any other operations affecting the visitor experience, and relay all relevant information to front line staff.
- Inspect, record and ensure the visitor experience in all respects is maintained onsite at all times and to intervene as required to maintain the highest standards.
- Motivate, lead and manage teams. Act as a role model for delivering a consistent, efficient, seamless and world-class customer experience across the site.
- Handle and resolve all escalated visitor queries and complaints.
- Oversee relevant data capture on site. Collate and share results of external quality assurance schemes.
- Lead and manage the front-facing Visitor Experience Team in the absence of the Visitor Experience Manager.
- Rotaring and holiday management of Visitor Experience Team within agreed budgets.
- Assist with recruitment and Staff training as necessary.
- Support the team of three Operations Officers in the areas of Group Bookings, Volunteers and Departmental Admin.
- Oversee cash procedures where required.
- Seek every opportunity to improve operational resilience within the context of a growing site.
- To undertake and manage site-based special projects and development as and when required.
- Some evening work may be required
- Clear understanding of the role and value of Brunel’s SS Great Britain as a maritime museum, visitor attraction and education organisation.
- Substantial experience in a customer-facing role, ideally in a visitor attraction, museum or similar.
- Supervisory or management experience.
- Experience of cash handling.
- Excellent diplomacy and interpersonal skills together with the ability to lead and motivate staff.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise.
- Resilience and the ability to make quick and reasoned decisions.
- A flexible approach to working hours
- Research, analytical and some project management skills.
- Valid First Aid qualification
How to apply
Closing date for applications: 9am, Monday 25 November 2019
Interview date: Tuesday 3 December 2019
The SS Great Britain Trust is committed to diversifying our audiences and workforce. We actively encourage applications from candidates from groups under-represented in our organisation including; Black, Asian and minority ethnic, Disabled people.
All full time posts can be considered for job share