Reporting to: Director of Finance and Resources
Hours: 36.25 hours/week including occasional weekends
Contract: Fixed Term (maternity cover) – 9 to 12 Months
Aim: To proactively manage the current volunteering programme and take the lead on some exciting, new projects. We are looking for someone to develop and grow our brand-new Family Volunteering programme and promote our costumed volunteering roles.
- Responsibility for the strategic overview of the volunteer programme. Ensure that the volunteer programme adheres to best practice in all areas.
- Take the lead on the recruitment and training of all new volunteers, with the support of the Volunteering Administrator.
- Develop the yearly volunteer training plan, assess needs, create and deliver internal courses.
- Work closely with current volunteer supervisors to provide guidance, training and support on this aspect of their roles.
- To develop and grow our innovative new Family Volunteering programme, to deliver enriching, memorable experiences for both our visitors and volunteers.
- To work with the Active Interpretation Manager to develop our costumed volunteering programme during 2019/20.
- Attract new audiences to our volunteer programme, including young people and families. Work with our Communities Officer to promote our roles to people living in harder to reach areas of Bristol.
- To represent the SS Great Britain’s volunteer programme both internally and to external audiences.
- Any other duties as reasonably required.
- Educated to degree level
- Experience of volunteer management
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff across different teams
- Experience of developing and leading new programmes
- Ability to implement strategy
- Knowledge of current trends and new practices in volunteering
- Good communicator; written and oral
- Interest in Museums and Heritage
- Experience working with young people and/or families and/or community groups
How to apply:
Please send your covering letter and cv to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: 9am, 17th December 2018
Interview date: Monday 7th January 2019
The SS Great Britain encourages applications from people of all backgrounds but particularly welcomes applications from candidates from BAME backgrounds as they are under-represented within our organisation.