The closing date for this role has now passed.
Job title: Digital Operations Content Manager - Fixed Term - 12 months
Reporting to: Commercial & Operations Director
Responsible for: TBC
Salary: Circa £35k
The role will optimise and bring together our digital outputs in a coherent way; raising the digital profile of the Trust by delivering a seamless digital experience with which it is easy for new and existing digital audiences to engage.
The role will optimise the use of our existing digital infrastructure including the website, social media channels, and on-line commercial/fundraising platforms and help the Trust make informed decisions as to future investment in digital technology.
Working collaboratively with colleagues across the other Directorates it will ensure the high-quality operational delivery of our digital output, ensuring it integrates with the physical experience. It will develop the digital strategy and ensure there is sufficient capacity to meet and deliver their digital needs.
- Oversee the operational delivery of all our digital activities on a day-to-day basis ensuring excellence 24/7
- Assist in the development of and implementation of our digital content strategy to enable the Trust to share engaging, inspiring, and compelling stories.
- Work with our Commercial/Operations/Marketing & Comms teams and the Deputy Director External Affairs to deliver impactful digital campaigns and projects to increase visitation and revenue, reach new and existing audiences and increase the reach and awareness of the activities of the Trust.
- Work alongside the Operations, IT, Marketing and Finance teams to ensure our digital systems and process are secure, reliable, fit for purpose and enable the Trust to continuously improve and increase its digital activities.
- Work with colleagues across the business to help develop and then deliver creative content for our digital platforms, in line with our digital strategy and current campaigns.
- Support the day-to-day management of content across current and future social platforms and our website, ensuring digital content is appropriate in tone and that published content has proper community management.
- Assist our interpretation, commercial, fundraising, curatorial and learning teams in research, planning and management of digital content.
- Monitor, record, and analyse digital audience analytics reach using Google Analytics, Facebook Analytics, Twitter Analytics, and track against digital strategy targets and develop KPIs for digital campaigns.
- Support internal communication strategies by developing the use of the intranet.
- Any other reasonable request to meet the needs of the business.
- The successful candidate will have experience and understanding of the operational management of a range of IT and digital applications ideally in visitor or customer focused business. It is essential that the role can take a strategic view and understands how the Pandemic has accelerated the public becoming more extensive digital consumers, especially in the heritage sector.
- They need to understand both the challenges and the opportunities of working collaboratively and flexibly across the business towards ambitious goals.
- They will be extremely well-organised and comfortable with carrying out administrative as well as creative tasks, have strong attention to detail, and be self-directed and thrive in a fast-paced work environment. The position will also require working closely and collaboratively with all other members of staff on marketing, communications, IT, and operations teams.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of the use of IT, Website, Social Media and Ticketing/CRM applications in a visitor or customer facing business.
- Applicants must have experience of digital content delivery and creation, and an understanding and experience of using online media to communicate key messages and reach target audiences.
- Strong editorial judgement and attention to detail, including strong writing and proofreading skills, particularly in short form writing/social media posts.
- Strong initiative, ability to work unsupervised, problem-solve and a flexible approach.
- Able to work well under pressure, prioritise tasks and adapt to last-minute requests.
- Exceptional organisational skills and a disciplined approach
- Understanding of, and commitment to, the aims of the SSGB Trust.
- Willingness and ability to undertake routine and administrative, as well as creative tasks.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to influence internal colleagues and external stakeholders.
- A knowledge and understand of Windows IT, Epos/Ticketing and CRM systems process.
- Experience of working with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) to create suitable and engaging content for multiple digital platforms.
- Experience working with Hootsuite, Twitter Analytics and Facebook Analytics
- Experience working with Wordpress or similar website content management systems.
- Experience creating paid social media campaigns with Facebook Ads Manager
- Knowledge of the SSGB and or Brunel
- Commitment to excellence, diversity, and inclusion
How to apply:
The closing date for this role has now passed.
SS Great Britain is committed to diversifying our audiences and workforce. We actively encourage applications from candidates from groups under-represented in our organisation including Black, Asian and minority ethnic, and Disabled people.
All full-time posts can be considered for job share.