The closing date for this role has now passed.
Report to: Head of Catering and Events, Café Manager
Responsible for: Café FOH Staff
Liase with: Café Kitchen Staff
Purpose of role: To assist in the delivery of the established aims and objectives of the SS Great Britain Trust by supporting the Head of Catering & Events in the delivery of the Dockyard cafe operation with exceptional high customer service.
- To lead and run “The Dockyard” cafe during peak periods for the visitor attraction
- To supervise and lead the “Harbourside Kitchen” café in the absence of the Café Manager
- To supervise the café FOH team on a day to day basis when on duty
- To serve customers as required in a friendly and welcoming way.
- To supervise and co-ordinate the opening, operating and closing procedures for both cafes.
- To assist in the training and motivation of staff, so that they deliver the highest standard of customer service
- Ensure that all internal and external catering FOH areas are kept to a high standard of tidiness and cleanliness and set up as outlined by the Cafe Manager or Head of Catering and Events
- To assist the Café Manager in the management of the drinks, confectionery and ice cream stock including ordering in their absence
- To supervise the cash procedures and till operations for the café and ensure all cash procedures are followed by all staff members.
- To ensure when on duty that all satellite catering areas such as the ice cream parlour, kiosk, external catering outlets and bars are fully stocked, clean and open at the agreed times.
- To liaise closely with the Kitchen to ensure that the highest levels of customer care and food are maintained throughout the cafe.
- To ensure that all signage and menus are up to date and relevant for the time of day.
- To ensure that all statutory regulations including health and safety, hygiene and licensing requirements are upheld for all areas of the cafe.
- To maintain that all crockery, cutlery, glassware and café FOH Equipment is kept to the expected standard and any losses/requests are reported to the Café Manager
- To assist in the provision of high quality satellite catering for external and internal meetings and events, as well as SSGB special events
- To contribute to the development of new menu ideas, new products and service style
- To deputise for the Cafe Manager in their absence
- Highly developed hospitality and customer care skills.
- Confident and articulate with excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Team leadership and motivational skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and manage own workload as well as delegate and help others to prioritise and manage workloads.
- Enthusiastic self-starter with a flexible and can-do attitude.
- Ability to work as part of a team and contribute to the success of the overall organisation.
- Catering experience.
- Experience of working in a similar role, ideally in a similar organisation.
- Experience of supervising and leading a team.
- IT proficient with good knowledge and experience of Microsoft packages.
- Knowledge of food, wine and a first class food service is desirable.