The closing date for this role has now passed
Reporting to: Kitchen Manager/Head Chef
- Liaise with the Kitchen Manager in order to produce meals of a consistent standard
- Ensure all dishes are presented correctly
- Checking food stock is at the required level
- Order the necessary ingredients and liaising with suppliers
- Ensure food is prepped in sufficient time for lunchtime service
- Ensure that all catering areas are kept to a high standard of tidiness and cleanliness at all times and that all statutory regulations including health and safety, hygiene and licencing requirements are upheld
- Deputise in the absence of the Kitchen Manager
- Supervise and organise, where appropriate, those staff assisting with general food preparation
- Liaise closely with the Café Manager to ensure that the highest levels of customer care are maintained.
- Desirable to hold NVQ Level 2 in cooker or working towards this qualification
How to apply
Closing date for applications: 9am, 16 September 2019
Interview date: TBC
The SS Great Britain Trust is committed to diversifying our audiences and workforce. We actively encourage applications from candidates from groups under-represented in our organisation including; Black, Asian and minority ethnic, disabled people.
All full time posts can be considered for job share.