- All the festive highlights are outdoors, and the weather forecast is looking good. Meet a cast of Victorian characters in the historic dockyard or look for Old Father Christmas, who might have a chocolate coin for you if you’re on his nice list!
- Snow is guaranteed. While we may not get any of the real stuff this Christmas in Bristol, there is falling snow in the dockyard, delighting visitors of all ages. This Victorian winter wonderland creates the perfect opportunity for family photos and festive selfies.
- Outdoor kiosks are serving mulled wine, hot chocolate and mince pies, and there is plenty of outdoor seating in the Riggers Yard. There are even overhead heaters for a quick warm-up while you enjoy your festive treats.
- Brunel’s fascinating ship – the SS Great Britain – is open with festive sights, sounds and smells on board. Social distancing, a one-way route and plenty of space throughout the ship and both museums provide peace of mind when enjoying the indoor spaces. Don’t forget to bring your face covering unless exempt!
- There’s a large car park right beside Brunel’s SS Great Britain, taking the stress out of travelling this weekend. You even get a discount on car parking when visiting. Check our how to find us section for more information.
- You’ll get incredible views of Bristol’s Floating Harbour and a look behind the scenes of a working dockyard. The new outdoor viewing platform looks over the huge Albion dry dock.
- Brunel’s SS Great Britain is Bristol’s top-rated visitor attraction and is ranked fourth best museum in the UK (TripAdvisor). We are also signed up to the official ‘We’re Good To Go’ COVID-19 industry accreditation.
- Your ticket lasts a year. Come back over the next 12 months for free to take even more time to explore the museums and indoor spaces. We’re still encouraging pre-bookings, with half hourly timed admission windows to limit on-site capacity and ensure the site does not become overcrowded.
8 Reasons To Step Back In Time Christmas 2021
14 December 2021
14 December 2021
With more outdoor space and experiences than ever before, Brunel's SS Great Britain is a top option this weekend for Christmas family fun.
If you’re looking for a festive family experience with plenty of open-air activities and space for social distancing, be sure to book tickets for the final Victorian Christmas Weekend at Brunel’s SS Great Britain.
Here are eight reasons to step back in time with us this weekend: