The closing date for this role has now passed
Purpose of Job: To develop the volunteer programme at Brunel's SS Great Britain, make sure it is suitable for the organisation as we look to expand our visitor and audience offer around the heritage of the ship and the adjacent Albion Dockyard.
Reporting to: Director of Creative Services
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: Part time - 21.75 hours/week
Salary: £30,000 per annum pro rata
- Responsibility for the strategic overview of the volunteer programme and its growth and development within the organisation.
- Be the creative lead for volunteer participation in all new plans, activities & programmes being considered.
- To maintain the current number of active volunteers (around 250) without compromising the current excellent quality of the programme.
- To identify opportunities to grow the volunteering support across the organisation and recruit to those.
- Embed engagement with visitors across the whole volunteering programme.
- Work closely with volunteer supervisors to ensure they are equipped to oversee the volunteers in their areas.
- Ensure that the volunteer programme adheres to best practice in all areas.
- Represent the interests of volunteers internally and lead on volunteer elements of special events.
- Develop the volunteer training plan, assess needs, create and deliver internal courses.
- Supervise and mentor the Volunteer Officer.
- To represent the Trust’s volunteer programme to external audiences, being an active member of the Bristol Volunteer Working Group.
- Any other duties as reasonably required.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Experience of managing large numbers of volunteers
- Good communicator; written and oral
- Ability to work with staff across departments
- Demonstrable ability to develop and implement strategy
- Knowledge of current trends and new practices in volunteering
- Interest in Museums and Heritage
How to apply:
Closing date for applications: 5pm, 9 January 2020
Interview date: TBC
SS Great Britain is committed to diversifying our audiences and workforce. We actively encourage applications from candidates from groups under-represented in our organisation including; Black, Asian and minority ethnic, Disabled people.
All full time posts can be considered for job share.