THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS ROLE HAS NOW PASSED.
- Minimum of 2-3 shifts per week (may include Bank Holidays and weekends) on a casual rota basis.
- £8.75 per hour
- Café Manager, Front of House Café Supervisor and Head Chef.
Purpose of role:
- As Café Assistant you will be expected to act as a representative of Brunel’s SS Great Britain and work to the highest standards of customer care, service and presentation throughout your role.
- Your duties will be customer focussed and will include work in the kitchen. From time to time you may be required to carry out additional tasks deemed reasonable for your position.
- To serve customers as they use the café in a friendly and welcoming way.
- To take customer orders quickly and efficiently and where appropriate give advice or make suggestions on menu choice.
- To maintain a level of clean crockery, glass ware and cutlery.
- To assist with opening up and closing down procedures for the cafe.
- To maintain safe practises when handling cash throughout the day.
- To follow procedures when cashing in till floats and cashing up tills at the end of the day.
- Assisting with general food preparation as instructed by the Kitchen Supervisor.
- Restocking counter products where and when necessary as advised by shift supervisor/leader.
- Assisting with the fulfilment of internal company catering requests.
- To keep all work counters clean and tidy.
- Maintaining a high level of cleanliness throughout the Café Bar including clearing tables.
- To ensure the external areas of the cafe are set up where appropriate and kept clean and tidy.
- Adhering to environmental health and Health & Safety regulations and guidelines.
- To assist with washing up and cleaning to ensure that dirty dishes are kept to a minimum in the kitchen.
- To ensure all health and safety documentation is filled in as shown by the FOH Supervisor.
Kiosk and Ice Cream vending
- Opening and serving in the kiosk and ice cream vending points when necessary.
- Ensuring the kiosk and ice cream point is fully stocked.
- Making sure the kiosk and ice cream point is cleaned and ready for service the next day.
- Customer care skills and a real commitment to meeting customer needs.
- Confident and articulate.
- Literate and numerate.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to use initiative.
- Team player.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- A knowledge and interest in heritage and/or in the SS Great Britain desirable.
- Able to demonstrate experience in a similar role within the requirements of the job.
- Previous catering experience desirable.
- A proven track record of delivering good customer service within a working environment.
How to apply
THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS ROLE HAS NOW PASSED. PLEASE DO NOT SEND THROUGH YOUR CV AS IT WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
The SS Great Britain Trust is an equal opportunities employer. Reg. charity no: 262158.
Thank you for your interest in the job and in the work of the SS Great Britain Trust.